Saturday, January 7, 2012

God's Resume

A few months ago, we were challenged by our Sunday school teacher to write out God's "resume." Certainly, it can't really be done.  And, of course, His real resume is the Holy Bible.  But, here is a weak stab at it from my perspective.  What kind of references would you give Him?

YHWH "I AM"

v     Address:  “…Enthroned above the circle of the earth…”  Isaiah 40:22
v     Phone:  “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”  Jeremiah 33:3

Objective  
I am come that [you] might have life, and that…more abundantly.  John 10:10

EXPERIENCE
Creator, Self-employed 
About 4004 B.C.
Created the universe from nothing, including the sun, moon, stars and planets.  I created life on Earth, including plants, animals and people.  I completed this project in 6 days.  Genesis 1:1

Deliverer, Egyptian Enterprise 
About 1550 B.C.
For the horses of Pharaoh went with his chariots and his horsemen into the sea, and [I] brought back the waters of the sea upon them.  But the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.  Exodus 15:19

Savior, Father & Son Enterprises 
About 33 A.D.
I provided a way for man to escape the death sentence of sin.  I sent my Son, Yeshua, to die on a Roman cross and take away the sins of the world.  John 3:16

Provider, Anywhere
All the Time
I “shall supply all your needs according to [My] riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

King, Israel & the World
Now and Forever
For the Lord [YHWH] is a great God, and a great King above all gods.  Psalm 95:3

EDUCATION
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of [Me], who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.  James 1:5

REFERENCES
Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, the nation of Israel, Simon, Andrew, James, John, Philip, Thaddeus, Bartholomew, Matthew, Mark, Peter, James the Lesser, and even Thomas, Stephen, Paul, and many more upon request.  Even “…the demons believe, and tremble.”  James 2:19

No comments:

Post a Comment