Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Proverbs 31 Woman - Part 8

The Proverbs 31 woman is WISE.

v. 24 says
She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.

This woman knows business, as well as her craft.  She would probably be a great person to go garage-sale-ing with.  She does not make decisions foolishly.

I wish I was more like her.  The best financial decision I ever made was to not fuss when my husband decided to do the finances when we were first married.  I had more time, but he definitely had more money smarts.  When I was single, I was "Sears Best Customer."  I earned that title by paying for the same couch 3 times over (making minimum payments each month).  I admit it:  I bounced checks. 

Now, my husband has me running on a pretty much cash-only basis.  The cash I have is what I have.  I do much better keeping a handle on the groceries and my personal wants on the allowance I am given. 

Oh!  And I am a terrible negotiator.  If I have a garage sale, you'll get it for a quarter or free probably!  I once made $20 on a 4-hour garage sale.  That's less than minimum wage!  After that, I just choose to donate stuff instead.

All that said, I do my best to live within my husband's means.  I don't beg for things that cost a lot.  I don't go shopping to "fix" a problem or a feeling (anymore). 

No comments:

Post a Comment