Monday, July 18, 2011

The Proverbs 31 Woman - Part 5

Remember that I wrote this a few years ago, but rather than update it, I'll leave the potty-training references for those of you who are in that stage, although I am moving towards the student-driver stage. Which one is scarier? I'll let you know!

Repeated again: The Proverbs 31 woman is a WORKER.

v. 17 says
She girds herself with strength,
And makes her arms strong.

How many of you are stronger now than you were before you had kids? Toting around 30 pounds on one arm while pushing a grocery cart with the other is no longer such a big deal to me. God seems to give us a natural strength to get things done that maybe we never thought we could.

Again, the Proverbs 31 woman is a WORKER.

v. 18 says
She senses that her gain is good;
Her lamp does not go out at night.

If I could leave you with only one thought today, it would come from this verse. The Proverbs 31 woman “senses that her gain is good:” She knows that what she is doing is important! What you are doing today, matters for a lifetime! It may seem at times to be monotonous: household chores mixed up with tea parties and potty training, but it is all important. You are training your child. Some things you are consciously training and some things you are unconsciously training, but everything you do will have an effect on your child.

Think about how much more like your mother you are now than when you were, say, thirteen years old. Your children will be like you too. You can help them to be hard-working, loyal, loving, friendly, and devoted to God. Your example is a HUGE influence on their life -- positive or negative.

Just understanding that gives me reason to keep going. Sometimes I really feel like I’ve had it. In fact, just last week I had this strong feeling that life as a mom was too tough for me. But, then I have to think, what example am I showing Holly and Elijah? I don’t want them to quit when the going gets tough. I don’t want them to complain and whine either, like Mommy does!

No comments:

Post a Comment